Thursday, July 14, 2011

Today I am Grateful For...



Kind, giving, friendly souls. The world can never have enough.

ALSO...


Quinoa. The pseudo grain that is not a grain, but a goosefoot. I am also grateful for the word "goosefoot."


Incidentally, goosefeet work wonders with sauteed vegetables and a sauce of tahini/sunflower butter, lemon juice, serrano chiles, soy sauce, and garlic.


Impeccable Public Transportation.


Rabbits. Not an animal that boasts a lot of thought, at least to me, especially since the only times I've seen them in the south is on a plate with potatoes, though they probably exist in small numbers a few yards away from a rifle or two (I don't hunt).


Tonight, on my first walk around the city, I saw: one vegetable garden, two rabbits dining on a luscious front lawn, and three stilt walking fire dancers.


Yes, I said stilt walking fire dancers. Yet somehow the fact that this family of hares stared me square in the face without a second thought astounded me more. 


Trees. Like this one.


Ten points if you can tell me what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Is it a cedar tree? Cause I look at the photo and see der tree. But I can't decide if it's deciduous. I wanna fer it to be connifer, so I suggest cedar or juniper. But could it be ash or hickory? Walnut?

    ReplyDelete