Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lessons in English

#1: Food often looks like less in a container than it is in your stomach. Remember that. I'm talking to myself.

#2: There's nothing that warm sun, a good book, and a pool of azure water can't fix. Remember that, too. I'm talking to you.

#3: As fun as hyperbole is in writing, it can be exhausting in thought. Case in point: I spend a lot of time these days staring at the sky, half expecting an answer, half expecting it to fall down on top of me and crush me into dust.

#4: It's been five days since I've been on Facebook. I've been tempted, when I find myself looking for an escape from my current task, or entertainment, or something stimulating (which Facebook is not). Keeping in touch with old friends? Great. Keeping in contact with job networks? Great. Running my life? Not so great. I'd rather spend my time outside with the real people. Ironically, I've spend most of my time in novels with other fake people. But these people I haven't met yet.
Welcome to my head.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new cookbook, my shouldn't've-but-I-did gift to myself for no reason in particular, other than I'm a freak when it comes to food. (See item number one). So I make lunch and eat while reading the newspaper, and in turn, eat too much.
I love baking in the sun like a tomato, but it dries out my skin.

What's a girl to do?

My solution:
Love and Death: Woody Allen, 1975
Enjoy.
Incidentally, the whole film is available on YouTube. But this movie is worth whatever means necessary to watch it (remember the phenomenon of renting?)

No comments:

Post a Comment