Friday, April 6, 2012

Blog Transition-I'm Going to Israel!

Dear Friends and Family,

This past semester I've been in New Jersey, back in undergraduate study as an English major, History minor, studying poetry, theory, Mediaeval history, and perspectives of the Holocaust.
All this is to say that I've decided to go abroad next semester, to Beer-Sheva, Israel, to study at The Ben Gurion University of the Negev. I will be there for five months, learning Hebrew, Israeli history, English literature, ecology, and the history of violence.
This is a dream come true and a very scary endeavor! But I know the experience will change me in ways I can't yet comprehend, and I thank God for bringing me here.

Please pray for me. I'm also asking for support through donations to help cover some of my travel costs. I really believe that this time will help me discover questions I want to answer and events I want to study and uncover in the future, in undergraduate and in graduate study. I will absolutely blog about my experiences, through pictures, stories, impressions, and struggles.

I've started a donation sight, and I ask that you share it with your friends. I hope you will follow me on my journey! For loneliness can come even in the face of great things, and I am not to proud to admit that I'm scared. But I cannot wait.

Here is the link for more information about my trip:
http://www.gofundme.com/iznw4

I will do my best to update my progress here, on my facebook, and my Tumblr (http://mellymary.tumblr.com)

Thank you and God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment