Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Israel Update

Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you for your continued support, first and foremost for your prayers and thoughts for Lila my Grandmother who passed away two weeks ago. I still miss her, but I know she is at peace.

Second, thank you all so much for your prayers and help as I continue to plan for my trip to Israel.

Last night, I had the unique opportunity to attend a reception held at the General Consulate of Israel in Philadelphia, PA--one of nine General Consulates of Israel in the USA. Talk about making friends! I had no idea how much Israeli wants to make friends--I say that half jokingly, but it really is true...and when one speaks of Israel, she speaks as if Israel is her best and closest friend. Together from birth. Israel understands her, often better than she understands herself. This kind of love for one's home is invigorating, especially in a time when interest groups and parties divide our nation to its core.

If you don't believe me, go see for yourself: http://www.facebook.com/israelinphilly

***

So far on my website I have raised $295, plus one check in the mail (thank you and I love you!), which brings my total to $345. If you haven't donated and are thinking about it, I ask you humbly to please do so. The closer I get to my departure, the more fees creep up on me. I honestly believe this experience will change my life, and I need your help.

http://www.gofundme.com/iznw4

Spring is here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment